ShareThis

ShareThis

ShareThis

About

Powered by Blogger.

Bringing in the New Year with a New Room for my girls and New Products!

 Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I am very excited to share with you what we did to make over our daughters' room! My inspirations...some scrapbook paper, my friend's homes filled with sweet feminine elegance, two paintings I had painted and some wonderful verses of scripture.

Their room is now filled with a vintage floral theme, along with a shabby chic feel and it oozes femininity!

This is one of those projects that turned out just as I had envisioned it, and I love it even more than I thought I would. I am also excited because I created some of the new products I had in mind but hadn't been able to offer with examples, like custom painted closet doors, cornices, Scripture paintings, and name meaning paintings.

Here are some pictures to start with:






Our 3rd little girl expected to arrive in May, will have her crib under the sage crib painting in that little nook. Yet, we usually keep our babies in our room with us until 5-8 months, so for now a pack and play will go there. I'm finishing up her spot in our room soon, so I'll post some pictures of that soon, too.

We picked the scriptures that we did to focus on God's love for them, their love for God and their love for one another. Here are some close-ups of the canvas Scripture painting: (Deuteronomy 30:20)



I will be offering Scripture canvases in any size you would prefer with any Scripture, and you also will be able to pick the background pattern, colors, and font. I will be finishing that page soon, but let me know if you'd like to design your own Scripture canvas in the meantime.

The next products I would like to focus on are the custom painted wood cornices and closet doors. The cornices are completely custom, so you tell me the dimensions, and we can have your cornice made for that size. I can paint anything you would like on the cornices...for example, a Scripture verse or quote, a decorative finish, painting that matches a fabric you love, etc. We can do a small mural, too. It really is up to you. I will also be completing that page soon, too, but would be happy to get started with you on your own custom painted wood cornice in the meantime. You don't have to be local to the Raleigh area, either. If you are willing to pay for the extra shipping, you can send me color samples, fabric samples, sketches, etc.

As you can see, custom painted closet doors are a unique way to decorate a room! Some advantages to using painted closet doors as decor are that you are using space that is often wasted, you can freely decorate a large part of the room even if you are renting your apartment or home, and it is often less expensive than having an artist come to your home to painting on your wall. Also, if you were to move unexpectedly, which I have seen clients have to do so, you can take your mural with you. Let me know if you would like to design some closet doors for a room in your house.

Here are some close-ups of the cornices and closet doors:









The last new product is the name meaning signs. I'll be offering this along with my name plaques and monogram sets. It was so much fun to make these...especially with having just picked out our newest little girl's name!






And here are some other fun little touches...





Thank you for letting me share with you! Perhaps it has offered a little bit of decorating inspiration to you. Remember, with custom artwork and decor items, don't forget to think outside of the box. There aren't too many limitations-it is how you would like to design it, which is what makes it so much fun!

Happy New Year to you all! May the Lord bless you and yours in this upcoming year.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM  

I love how you tied the room's theme by painting the cornices over the windows the same as the closet doors! Great talent!

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP