ShareThis

ShareThis

ShareThis

About

Powered by Blogger.

Decorating On A Budget and Some Sweet Little Touches Added to My Girls' Room

 Thursday, February 14, 2013

Last month I shared with you my daughters' room makeover: http://alisontheartist.blogspot.com/2013/01/bringing-in-new-year-with-new-room-for.html

Since then, we have added some sweet little touches to their room that I wanted to share for two reasons. One-because I'm excited the extra pretty things we added and Two-I want to share with you how you don't have to spend tons of money to decorate and make your home beautiful.

Many of these little things were actually freely given to me by a very sweet friend of me! Even if they hadn't been given to me, you can find such things at thrift stores for just a couple of dollars each. We didn't spend too much money at all on the whole room. The cornices were the most expensive item, at $150 to have them made. The paint is inexpensive, obviously. I found the sheer curtains on ebay for only $3 each, if my memory serves me right. All of the other items in their room were found at thrift stores or I made them. Even the crib paintings are made from an old crib that was laying out in the free section of our favorite thrift store! I didn't spend a lot of money on bedding at all, nor did I need to. When you decorate the walls with detail, it's better to keep your bedding simple so as not to overdo the design and distract the eye.

So here are some of the new little items we found:



Added to this wall are the little tea pot hooks, which were given to me by a friend after she saw their room. I also added the center hook and hung this sweet little dress that I found at the thrift store for $2. I love toile and gingham, and I thought that this dress just fits the room so perfectly. My daughter looks so sweet in it, too. :-) I also added the nightlight that I had made that brings in all the colors of the room.



My friend was having a "free sale" of sorts. A local thrift shop owner that she knows was looking to make room in her shop, so she gave my friend tons of stuff. My friend then invited everyone over to come take what they would like. It's a good idea to take advantage of times like this, because you can find some wonderful things! But again, these items could be found at a thrift store for just a couple of dollars. These items helped us to make their shelves look even more pretty. :-)







We also added some pretty pink pillows from the thrift store at .99 each!


We love how these little shoes for Annabelle match their room!


Finally, we have the pack and play ready for our little sweetheart, for her to take her naps in during the day! I am almost 28 weeks, so it's getting closer! There is a lot of excitement here at the Vande Slunt household. Annabelle receives many kisses from her older sisters and older brother, and they love to feel and see her moving around in my belly. :-) 
Lots of love for this sweet little one.










2 comments:

Anonymous,  March 12, 2013 at 7:19 AM  

You're amazing, Cuz! We're going to see your creations in a magazine one day!

Anonymous,  March 19, 2013 at 9:58 PM  

Wow, this is so cute! I like the feminine, delicate look in the girls's room. great job Ali.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP