ShareThis

ShareThis

ShareThis

About

Powered by Blogger.

Romans 9 is like a tiger...

 Friday, February 22, 2013

As I've been studying Romans 9 lately, I came across a great sermon by John Piper wherein he describes his dealings with this particular part of Scripture. Here are two quotes that I really liked:

But thanks be to God’s mercy and patience, at the end of the semester I wrote in my blue book for the final exam, "Romans 9 is like a tiger going about devouring free-willers like me."

As I studied Romans 9 day after day, I began to see a God so majestic and so free and so absolutely sovereign that my analysis merged into worship and the Lord said, in effect, "I will not simply be analyzed, I will be adored. I will not simply be pondered, I will be proclaimed. My sovereignty is not simply to be scrutinized, it is to be heralded. It is not grist for the mill of controversy, it is gospel for sinners who know that their only hope is the sovereign triumph of God’s grace over their rebellious will."

There is also a part of a transcript by Jonathan Edwards on the subject that is really helpful. Here is the link to the sermon. I hope it is as much of a blessing to you as it was to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP