ShareThis

ShareThis

ShareThis

About

Powered by Blogger.

Current Projects and Design Ideas: Decorating your own Picture Frames

 Thursday, December 6, 2012

We are renting a house for the next couple of years, while we hope to save up for our own house. When we moved in to the house in October, I had a hard time with the color in the upstairs bathroom. Our landlord said that we could repaint if we okay the color with him, but with having moved around so much in the past few years I just really don't want to start painting walls until it's our house that we'll be in for a while. So...I was hoping it would just grow on me. Thankfully, I found some picture frames that I had decorated that actually went very nice with the color and the blue that they had painted the cabinet under the sink. With some additional decor, I've actually ended up liking the at first hideous color. 



I decorated these wooden picture frames with scrapbook paper and mod podge. It's really easy to do. I also had done this for my girl's old bedroom decor, with using some old canvases.

All you have to do is pick up scrapbook paper that you like, some stretched canvas or wood picture frames, mod podge, and a foam brush. You just have to cut the paper to the size that you need it. Next, add a layer of mod podge to the frame or stretched canvas. Then, lay your scrapbook paper on and smooth it out. Last, cover it with another layer of mod podge.


This project really worked well during a more busy time in my life, so if you don't have a lot of time, and are looking for an inexpensive way to decorate, this might be the next project for you!

 My next project is my girl's new room, in which I'll use the upcycled old crib that I had found and painted small murals on the sides to hang on the wall. That post will be coming soon!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP